Day Out

I know I said I wouldn't be posting about school visits for a while but I had a day off yesterday at a local school and it was so much fun I wanted to share.
Here's the cake some clever person baked for the grand opening of their library. Isn't it awesome?!
Danes Hill School have a brand new library and they invited me to be artist and writer in residence for a day to celebrate. During the course of that day I met every pupil in years 2 to 6! Hundreds of them! And they were all really impressed with their beautiful new library and super enthusiastic about reading all the book on its shelves. Hurrah!
I had made a mural for the wall leaving space for the children to add their own characters and book designs to it. The younger groups made Pocket Bockett bookmarks which shall no doubt be popping up in books all around the school.
This is a Bockett.
I enjoyed the day so much. It was exhausting but just what I needed.
I set my usual Live Drawing Challenge too. Here are two of the results, a golfing dog with wings and a moustache and a purple punk penguin.
Back to building the studio tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts