Day... erm, I'm so tired I've lost track!

I've worked awfully hard since my last post. I turned this...
...into this...
... a shady nook full of ferns and hostas. 
And I've planted a 15m hedge!!
It's a mixed hedge of Hawthorn, Blackthorn and Hornbeam which will look lovely once it's grown a bit. The ground was so hard and compacted and full of stones and roots that I thought I might need to hire a digger but I cleared the whole plot, dug in compost and then holes for 21 plants! Phew!
I am exhausted at the end of every day at the moment, but I have to say it's 'good' exhaustion. I've discovered the perfect antidote to desk bound mental stress is open air physical work. Unfortunately, building a house isn't all physical work. Tomorrow it's back to getting quotes, form filling and talking to utility companies. Boring but must be done. No doubt I shall reward myself later with a few more hours of 'good' exhausting digging.

Comments

Popular Posts