Thursday, 16 April 2015

Day 2 - Weeding & Recycling

I love to recycle so today's clearance session on the plot was more satisfying than expected.
I've been weeding out some of the monster brambles and nettle patches, which seems pointless when we're about to excavate, but my logic is that the spoil is going into raised beds and I don't want brambles and nettles to be my first crop!

Turns out there is a lot more than weeds down there. The bottom of gardens do tend to become dumping grounds, don't they? Especially when the garden is large. Ours is particularly eclectic in the dumped stuff department. So far I've found a pile of pea shingle, two scaffold boards, roof tiles and, most exciting of all, these.
I pulled out two while tackling a long bramble root and was rather pleased. Imagine my delight when I realised there were more and more just below the grass. 18 rope edge tiles!
Not sure about the rest of the haul though.
Suggestions please. I might make the boards into a garden bench but I don't think those tiles are quite good enough for the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment