Building my house... 1:25 scale

This morning I had some boring site preparation admin to complete. I really didn't feel in the mood to do it but simply had to. So I decided to reward myself by spending the rest of the day constructing a model of the studio out of foam board.
I LOVE making models. Before I studied fashion I was always going to be a theatre designer. I'd done work experience in a theatre when I was sixteen and got to be a goffer backstage and in the rehearsal studio (later I returned to that theatre as assistant scenic artist). In my first week of work experience I became obsessed with the set designer's office which was full of models from past productions. They were gorgeous! So it was decided. I definitely wanted to be a set designer! Definitely!
The second week I was sent upstairs to the costume department and everything changed. I switched my obsession to clothes that week but I never forgot those models.
I've made models of 'dream houses' before but this is the first time the dream will be realised. Once it's finished I'll be able to look through those 1:25 scale windows and imagine myself in the space. It's so much better than flat drawings or even the 'walk through' video made by my contractor. I hope it will be just like gazing into those gorgeous models in the theatre designers office.
The studio with the office wall missing. I'm just making that...
Right to left. Lobby wall and door to entrance, kitchen with low window, bedroom and through to shower room at the back. That tiny window above will be a sleeping platform for visitors. Any takers?

Comments

Popular Posts