I Heart Year Sevens!!

I'm just back from doing a talk and mini workshop at a school not far from my home. I've not been there before and it's always a bit exciting visiting a new school, seeing their library and checking out their lunches!! (It was roast day today! Yum!)
My talk was just an hour with Year Seven and, as usual, I got carried away and over ran. Oops! (Nobody wanted to go to maths anyway) My excuse is that I was loving the task I'd set (based around the letters sent by soldiers during the First World War) and also the task that the pupils had set for me - live drawing. It's a fun challenge for an illustrator, to draw whatever the pupils shout out and I'm starting to get good at it. Today it was a werewolf teacher (easy-peasy) and a zombie baby (rather disturbing but hilarious). I got a round of applause for the baby!
Here is a drawing one of the pupils gave to me before I left. I love it. Especially the 'fun' hashtag and the curly eyelashes. I THINK it's a zombie but I could be wrong. It might actually be a portrait of their visiting author!!!
Thank you Danes Hill School for an awesome day. #FUN
Cx


Comments