Wednesday, 21 August 2013

EdBookFest-acular!

I'm packing for Edinburgh (cardi weather, apparently) and getting awfully excited about meeting lots of lovely book peeps at the EdBookFest over the next two days. I'm having tea and cake with Karen McCombie (and the girls from Barrington Stoke), catching up with the gorgeous editor of my first 4 books Hannah Sheppard, hoping to get a quick it's-been-too-long hug from Headline publicist Sam Eades (as she dashes past organising Neil Gaiman's phenomenal book tour) and then shmoozing with my scribbler mates in the author yurt.


If you're in Edinburgh, do come along to my event with the festival's Illustrator in Residence Barroux on Thursday (Part of the new and very exciting STRIPPED Graphic  Novel and Comic Festival). I'll be talking about EVERYTHING IS FINE (AND OTHER LIES I TELL MYSELF) and discussing our passion for telling WWI stories in pictures with Barroux. Tickets still available. (Neil Gaiman is sold out so come along to ours, it'll be loads better!!)


The only thing I'm not looking forward to is leaving Meg and Frank behind. They are the main characters in my current WIP and I adore them. Can you blame me? I mean, they are SO COOL. If a little geeky. Hmmm, actually A LOT geeky. I bet they get up to all sorts of mischief while I'm away!

No comments:

Post a Comment