Pygmy Shrews and Sore Ribs

Morning! No wait, it's afternoon. Sorry. This post is much later than I intended. I only woke up three hours ago! Here's why...

Yesterday I took the train up to London to have some fun at the Natural History Museum (and do book research, honest!). If you've never been, you must. It's awesome! Here's what I saw...
Very, very big things like dinosaurs, blue whales and these antlers which were the size of a large delivery van!
Very, very small things like blood cells, diamonds, these beetles and a Pygmy Shrew the size of my thumb!
Very, very funny things like this startled Chameleon and freaky Long-Spined Porcupine Fish!
It was SO COOL I didn't want to leave and, at closing time, they had to drag me out. Luckily, there was stuff happening outside too, like ice-skating, Christmas lights, fairground rides and high winds blowing people over (!). And I saw these -  a carved stone pterodactyl and a carousel horse.

If that wasn't excitement enough, I then hopped on the tube and went to Hammersmith for a comedy gig in aid of Friends of the Earth - 'Laugh or the Polar Bear Gets It' - where I giggled until my ribs ached. They are aching still!




Comments

Popular Posts