Saturday, 30 June 2012

Synchronised Summer

It's the end of term next week. Only five more days of school then the holiday begins and this year I'm feeling an extra buzz of excitement as I count down the days. Why? Well, because the story in my current work-in-progress takes place during the summer holidays. This synchronicity has never happened before. I've written about Halloween at Easter (Scarlett Dedd) and a chilly London Spring while roasting in August heat (Verity Fibbs). Now, in book four, I'm exploring the summertime dramas of a teenage surf girl and her family and planning to visit the real location, a beach resort on the south coast. It'll be fun to recreate some of the scenes in the book but I hope I don't experience ALL of the traumas I'll been putting my character through!

No comments:

Post a Comment