Book 4 Begins...


So, I'm really getting stuck into writing book 4 this week. I've just agreed a first draft deadline so am being very disciplined and writing for several hours every day (including weekends, which don't exist for most self-employed people, by the way). I had fun working out how to start the book and how to introduce the different characters in a really cool way. Now that the three main protagonists are fully-formed, I am going to spend some time drawing them. I always need to know exactly what they look like, how they behave, and the quirks of their speech, etc. before sending them off on an adventure. And, boy oh boy! what adventures I have planned! This one has loads of drama, angst, excitement and emotion. I can't wait to get to my desk again tomorrow to write the next chapter...

Comments