Sunday, 6 March 2011

Adopt a Bookshop





I happened upon this awesome scheme this weekend. It's called ADOPT A BOOKSHOP, and was devised by a group of authors and illustrators calling themselves Trapped by Monsters (www.trappedbymonsters.com) The idea being that, in these challenging times, we authors can give something back to the booksellers who champion our work. My adopted bookshop will be no surprise to anyone who's attended launch events for Em and Scar. It's BARTON'S BOOKSHOP in Leatherhead, Surrey. Not only do I do events there whenever I can, but Peter from Barton's has often been lured out of his cosy shop to join me at school events, so that I can concentrate on chatting and signing (the fun stuff), while he sells oodles of my books. He sometimes joins in with the workshops too... though some day he will get so bored with the sound of my voice that he'll probably go completely mad! I highly recommend that you visit Barton's, in person or online at www.bartonsbookshop.co.uk for a unique and friendly indie bookshop experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment