I think I've cracked it!!! I woke up this morning with a genius plot twist for a potential book 4 - the 'time travel' book. Woohoo! This is why I have a notebook beside my bed (The entire story of Scarlett Dedd came to me in exactly the same way - I woke up with the whole story, from first to last page, playing in my head like a movie). I think I might have been inspired by the last episode of Lost, but only in that I realised I had to have a completely stunning twist at the end. In fact, there are THREE 360º plot twists that should knock the reader's socks off! I've been trying to think of a way to tackle time-shift without being clichéd, without any reference to Relativity or Einstein, and without using a time machine. Quite a challenge, but I may have managed it. I know you're probably saying, 'But you've got to write book 3 first, Cathy'. Yeah, I know, but having a plot outline for the fourth makes me feel a little more secure - I always worry about not being able to come up with the goods. Right... back to drawing a 'cool dude' driving an orange beach buggy. I get SUCH interesting illustration jobs!!

Comments

Popular Posts