Friday, 2 October 2009


While writing the 'Ember Fury' animation screenplay, it has occurred to me how exciting it is to work in another medium - moving image - and perhaps even more thrilling, the prospect of a collaboration with others. I've been looking at some incredible showreels this week and re-discovering artists, film-makers and cinematographers I met years ago, most of whom seemed then to have amazing expertise and skills so far removed from my own sphere. I never imagined I might be seeking them out again, or that I'd be approaching them about my own feature project. Though I'm completely open about my role in bringing 'Ember' to the screen, I am feeling more and more comfortable with the title 'writer/director'. If someone now comes along and offers to take her out of my hands, it might be a wrench but hey, beggars can't be choosers! I'm also resigned to the prospect of a long and possibly unsuccessful search for funding. Who knows? At least I have plenty of other projects (three further books and a TV script) to keep me occupied!

No comments:

Post a Comment